The primary functions of the Behavioral Counselor shall be to perform all casework duties on a day-to-day basis. The Behavioral Counselor will report to the Rehabilitation Specialist. At minimum 60 hours of pre-service training is required for a Counselor. This training is provided in the office during classes, and in the field as shadowing a Rehabilitation Specialist.
The Behavioral Counselor tasks shall be inclusive of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide rehabilitation support to clients by implementing in home strategies, perform life skills training, facilitate life skills groups, crisis intervention.
- Participate in clinical training, supervision treatment teams and other clinical and educational activities;
- Develop and implement individual service modalities tailored to the specific needs of her clients;
- All other duties necessary in the continued operation of the company.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in a health-related field;
- An associate's degree in a health-related field;
- 30 hours, or their equivalent, of college credit toward a bachelor's degree in a health-related field; or
- 1 year of work experience in a supervised mental health setting.