The Medical Director will perform all duties regarding day-to-day medical operations of the organization.
Medical Director for OMHC/ Psychiatrist
Part Time Position
The Medical Director will perform all duties regarding day-to-day medical operations of the organization. This shall include assessments/evaluation, medication management, coordination of treatment planning, chart reviews, program outcomes monitoring, and program development. In addition, be responsible for providing diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment of patients.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prescribe treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with psychotherapist, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social or medical history obtained from patients, relatives, or other professionals.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists or medical professionals.
- Coordinate with the management team in the training of staff on matters of psychopharmacology and assessment and diagnosis.
- Coordinate with the management team on discharge protocols and recommendations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to examine, evaluate, diagnose and treat psychiatric and mental illnesses. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary treatment teams ensuring development, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment.
- Skilled in the use of technology, software, and resources to assist and aid in the course of daily medical responsibilities.
- Skilled in documenting medical records and articulating and interacting with patients and others regarding clinical / administrative concerns or issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Medical OR Doctoral degree from an Accredited Medical Institution;
- Board certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry;
- Board certified in General Psychiatry;
- Current medical license for state of residence and work;
- Clinical and Private Practice expertise preferred.
Medical Director for OMHC/ Psychiatrist Job Application